Thursday, July 11, 2013

NOTD: Revlon "Provoke"


I've had this polish on my nails for the past few days and I must say, Revlon's "Provoke" is a beautiful little chameleon. When I was editing these photos yesterday I had the color matching true to life on my monitor but today the color looks completely different because of the change in cloud cover outside. 
I love a polish that keeps me on my toes so it's pretty safe to say that "Provoke" and I are going to have a long and prosperous relationship together (is it weird that I talk about nail polish like it's a spouse/boyfriend? Hmmm... I wish I cared more).




The thing that made me pick out this polish was a mission I had in my head: I NEEDED a pastel polish that popped; nothing in my nail wardrobe (even I was amazed) lived up to that description so I allowed myself to pop into RiteAid before going to the grocery store the other day. 
I am so happy that I picked up "Provoke" because it fit the bill to a "T".

In the bottle "Provoke" appears to be a pretty straight up pastel peach sherbet. However, once on the nails (aka out of the bottle, as you can see in the last photo above) it transforms into a beautiful peachy (almost strawberry) coral. 
The shift in color isn't just based on the bottle though, as I were to later find out... it transforms with the time of day as well.




How beautiful of a color is that for Summer right now?? Granted, I'm probably overtly biased based on my current and never-ending love affair with the Revlon Lip Butter "Juicy Papaya", but I don't care; love is blind after all (and stupid, but do we let that get in the way? HECK NO).
Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the way this polish looks in sunlight like I'm getting today because it really is a stunning peachy/orangey/coral that leans freakishly similar towards Revlon's "Marmalade" (the hue's saturation is insane). You'll have to just take my word on it when I say this is a Summer stunner.

This was also the first time I've tried a polish from Revlon's Brilliant Strength collection and, like with most (all?) Revlon polishes, I'm impressed. I have to admit, the smell is a little peculiar (akin to normal nail polish but not quite the same) but nothing to be bothered by. Regardless, the formula was creamy, nearly opaque in one coat, dried relatively quickly, and has a gorgeously plush sheen finish. Also, it's been three days and I don't have one chip! Seriously, not one sign of wear and tear even after countless hours of working retail (those tight buttons and hangers will get your manicure every. D*mn. Time).

So there you have it folks!! Pretty sure it's plain to see that I'm smitten so I'll leave it at that and leave the rest to you!:

Have you tried any polishes from Revlon's Brilliant Strength collection?
Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Any other colors that I need to pick up?
Do share!

xoxo - Cassie

25 comments:

  1. This looks so gorgeous! Definitely a colour I'd fall in love with, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this range and I love it; the formula really delivers! You may have convinced me that this is a color I need in my collection especially since I absolutely love pastels.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the other colors in this line deliver as well!! I hope you nab this one for yourself because it really is gorgeous ;)

      Delete
  3. This is like the Juicy Papaya version of a nail polish! It's a really nice color! I don't have nearly enough pastel coral colors in my collection (too many blues!) I love this color and if I didn't have better will power when it came to nail polish, I'd probably run out and go get it!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, doesn't it though???? I clearly have a papaya problem. Get rid of your nail polish will power and GET THIS ONE!!! I'm sure your inner mermaid will appreciate this coral reef semi-inspired color ;D

      Delete
  4. Ohh it's very salmony and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so gorgeous! I love the color, it's pastel enough, but also bright enough. I'll have to check it out!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you feel the same way about the color that I do!! I hope you pick it up for yourself sometime soon :D

      Delete
  6. gorgeous colour! it definitely screams summer!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. haven't tried this line yet but the shade is really pretty <3

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a shot if you're interested; it's really great!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful fresh and fun colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might have fallen in love with that colour! its such a perfect summer colour :) good choice!
    daisyandmints.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy glad you've fallen for it; I hope you pick it up as a treat for yourself sometime soon <3

      Delete
  10. How does it compare to the Essie polish you reviewed last month? I went looking for the Essie and couldn't find any. Should I go with this instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm are you thinking of essie's "sunday funday"? Shoot, it's a shame you couldn't find that one (it's limited edition so it's possible it's gone :( ) because if I had to choose between the two I would probably choose the essie polish... they're both BEAUTIFUL colors though, really! This one is a bit more pastel and leans more on the orange/peach side and is a thicker/more gel-like consistency. So really it depends on what you're looking for color and formula wise but they're both beautiful additions to a nail polish collection :D

      Delete
  11. This looks lovely on your nails! The formula looks terrific as well judging by your fantastic paint job - super smooth, glossy and creamy looking :) I've never tried any polishes from this range but I will keep my eye out. I have been tempted by Marmalade as well! I love colours that transform on your nails depending on the light or time of day - keeps you continually interested in checking out out your nails :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they really are the best kinds of polishes!! I always feel like a bit of a priss looking at my nails throughout the day but oh well; I'm just enjoying the color changing beauty haha! I hope you can get your hands on this (as well as Marmalade!!) sometime very soon! :)

      Delete
  12. I'm such a sucker for pretty coral shades. This shade is just too pretty!♥♡♥

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...