Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Holy Grail Hair Routine: Dove + Lee Stafford


It started at birth; I was never the girl with the long, luscious hair that made men weak in the knees and other girls green with envy (or red with rage, depending on their own personal anger management skills).
Heck, my dad even used to call me "his little cue ball" (he was, and still is, an avid pool player) until I finally grew more than a few strands around the age of two... okay, so I'm exaggerating but my dad DID call me that and I WAS awkwardly bald for a long amount of time once outside of the womb. 

However, I finally found my hair treatment match made in heaven. It may have taken 22 years but gosh darn it I found it!! Take the jump below for all the details and more short stories :) 



While my hair problem(s) may have started at birth, my hair solutions came about a couple months ago through a sample in a magazine. Now, as grateful as I am to Dove for including this little sample, I have to say that it is(/was) LITTLE. For anyone with hair even slightly thicker and less fine than mine (aka 99% of the world population) this sample would not have been enough to do wonders on their hair in order to have them want to make the full size purchase. Just a little hint, Dove ;)
That aside, this was the perfect amount for my very fine and thin hair. This one-use sample had me at hello when that classically clean Dove scent wafted into my olfactory system. Plus it went onto my hair effortlessly (no sticky, heavy mess that many serums provide) and lent my hair a sleek shine (something that is VERY hard to get on naturally curly hair!).

Now if you're keen on details, you'd see in the first photo of this post that I purchased something other than the sample I tried out from the magazine. However, this was aimed more at my needs than the serum (my hair is really never 'frizzy') so I picked this one up instead since the two products basically made the same claims on making hair healthier.




The full size bottle of Dove's Nourishing Oil Care Detangler comes in a typical plastic bottle with a misting spray nozzle. Thankfully this isn't one of those nozzles that squirts out one solid line of product but rather really does mist the product onto your hair (or wherever you choose to spray it... it is for your hair though, people; don't be weird!). You can also see that when it settles it is clearly two separate liquids but when you shake it up it temporarily combines so that you can spray both parts onto your mane.
If you want a little bit more information/a slight demonstration about this product, check out my September Best & Worst of Beauty Video (just skip to the 14:30 part if you don't want to take in all of my babble and just see the bit about this product)!!


Now we move on to the other half of my holy grail hair routine: Lee Stafford's Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length (if I never have to type that out again, I'll be a happy camper).

This is a thick cream that you massage into your scalp/hair in the shower between your shampoo and conditioner. What I love about this stuff is the fact that it's treating your hair from the root rather than trying to correct damage at the ends (which can't be cured except by the hacking of sharp scissors). Because you concentrate the majority of this cream on your scalp, it nourishes hair from the very beginning stages and also stimulates quicker growing (though I personally think your hair is just 'growing faster' because you're getting far fewer split ends and thus less breakage so it appears that your hair is becoming faster longer).
If you want a bit more on this product be sure to check it out at the top of my pyramid in my October Best & Worst of Beauty Video (I start talking about it around the 16:25 point of the video)!!



(please excuse my lack of makeup in these photos... I was enjoying a lazy day away from the public eye)

Hopefully you can see in the photos above how healthy my hair has become after just a month or two of using these products in tandem!! My split ends are virtually non-existant, my hair is much shinier, softer and bouncy, and overall it feels just plain old lovely!!
If you're looking for some hair treatments that provide long lasting results (and not just temporary fixes like many hair masks tend to give) I HIGHLY recommend these two hair treatments.

Have you tried either of these products?
Love them? Leave them?
What are your holy grail hair care products?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information!! Great post
    Kisses

    HOY NUEVO POST http://godsavevogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Lee Stafford treatment, it sounds really nice! xx

    www.ruelalips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh im looking for a new detangler for my curly hair as im running out of my Elvive one, plus Dove smells amazing so I think ill try this one!

    I tried the Stafford product before but didn't see any real results.

    I should really start to love my curly hair

    Lauren xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAR MESA: No problem, I hope it was helpful!! And thank you :)

    Marie: You definitely should; it took around three weeks for me to see results but after that it's been smooth sailing... it feels great to love my hair again!!

    Lauren: You should try out this Dove product of you're looking for a new detangler!! It's not 100% effective but I'd say it gets out around 85% of tangles :) It's really the health of your hair that it makes a big difference on! And I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Lee Stafford treatment, I really love it :( But you should embrace and love your hair!! It's a part of you, after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, love this post! i might have to try some of that hair cream myself :)

    xoxo
    http://rubiesemeralds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post! I've been looking for a hair oil/serum in spray form for ages xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rubies and Emeralds: I'm glad you liked it!! :) You should definitely try out the Lee Stafford treatment if your hair is in need of some pampering/stimulation!!

    Coco: Aw, no problem I'm glad I could help!! That's the beauty of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried the treatment but I've just started using the Hair Growth shampoo and it's done wonders for me! My hair sounds similar to yours, it's just never grown! Cry cry! I reviewed the shampoo yesterday if you're interested on how I found it :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got this Lee Stafford stuff and I adore it! The smell is a little bit strong, but for how soft and shiny it makes my hair I'll forgive it!

    I've been recommended to try '3 more inches by Michael Van Clarke' apparently is incredible for length and condition! xxx

    www.flutteringlashes-lou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. danielleyc: Ooo sounds like a lovely shampoo!! I'll have to check it out :)

    Lou: I'm glad you seem to love this stuff as much as I do! And I'll have to look into that Michael Van Clarke product; it sounds lovely so thank you for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better late than never, right? ^__^ I’m glad you finally found the perfect hair treatment for your hair condition. Just be sure to use as recommended by a dermatologist. Otherwise, you might be using too much, and this would consequently damage your hair even further.

    Paola Basilio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad it works so well for me also!! And a dermatologist? Either way I definitely make sure to only use as needed ^__^

      Delete
  12. Ah yes, the joys of being a feather head. I'm so old that I think the only product around for 'problem' hair back then was my mom's gold tube of Alberto VO5. Our babysitter used to rub a few drops of baby oil into her palms in the morning and try to smooth my hair enough to get it to quit floating around like electrified dandelion fluff. I could never grow it past my shoulders, for exactly the reasons you've listed. When girl-type conversations over the years have posed the age old question, 'What's the one thing you'd change about your body/self if you could', my answer was always (and still is for that matter), 'My HAIR!'. As in I would love to have a full head of it, of course. Curly or straight, blond, brunette or redhead, I'm not picky. I wouldn't even care if it stayed fine, just so long as I had lots and lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally with you Sandi… I would LOVE to have super thick hair!! We always want what we don't have, unfortunately :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...