Wednesday, November 21, 2012

e.l.f. Single Eyeshadows: Swatches + Review!



Geeeeeeez, I feel like I haven't posted in forever (though it's only been a few days)!!
So here's a post on the eyeshadows I've been wearing recently and really loving... I thought it'd be nice to share some cheap thrills with you all :)

Take the usual jump below for all the details!

From L-R, Top-Bottom: Pebble, Saddle, Oatmeal, Raspberry Truffle, Mystic Moss

So, as you can see, I have five single eyeshadows from e.l.f. though I really only use three of them. Something tells me there was a BOGO involved when I bought a couple of the neutrals so I just picked out some really random (read: not the most wearable) colors since they were free. Not the best life decision but definitely not the worst either... in fact, it may have been the best bad life decision I've ever made!! 
Yesssssssssss.

That aside, these shadows from e.l.f. are extremely nice for a $3 price tag; they are velvety, soft, and pigmented. On top of that they mimic NARS packaging which I know some people hate but I say SCORE!! They clearly printed "e.l.f." on the front of the packaging so it's not like I'm trying to fool anyone like some people do with knock-off designer bags ;)

L-R: Pebble, Saddle, Oatmeal, Raspberry Truffle, Mystic Moss

The three colors on the left are the ones that I gravitate towards and use, mainly because they're neutral shadows (besides chocolate, it's the one thing I can't say "no" to) but also because they are the best formula of the five that I own; Raspberry Truffle applies nicely and is actually a fairly nice neutral red-brown but it's not too pigmented and Mystic Moss applies really patchy and lacks pigmentation.

Thankfully though, I adore Pebble (a matte brown-taupe), Saddle (a red-copper with sparkle), and Oatmeal (a yellow based cream with shimmer). The three of them create a really quick, easy, and beautiful neutral eye look for everyday wear.



Here's all you have to do to recreate this look:

1.) Prime your lids with your favorite eyeshadow primer (I use e.l.f.'s Eyelid Primer that I reviewed awhile ago here),
2.) With a flat shadow brush, apply Saddle from the lash line to the crease across your lid,
3.) Using a round contour brush, smudge Pebble from your outer 'V' into and across your whole crease,
4.) And finally, with a small precision brush, dab a bit of Oatmeal in your inner corners and onto the middle of your eyelid to add a subtle highlight and dimension.


And ta-dah!! A very subtle look that pops and accentuates your eyes while looking extremely natural (so people will be telling you how beautiful YOU are rather than saying how nice your makeup looks!!).

Have you tried any e.l.f. Single Eyeshadows?
Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Any other drugstore steals you know and love?
Do share!!

xoxo - Cassie

18 comments:

  1. I've never tried ELF eye shadows but they look great on you!! Very pretty colors here!

    www.ruelalips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried Elf because we dont have it in stores. If I ever do those eyeshadows will be straight in the basket they look gorgeous on you x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could get ELF in Australia. They always get such good reviews.

    Check out my blog if you get the chance. xo
    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cassie, just found your blog and read it for a while, and must say I love it! You are beautiful, real, creatice and stylish, I love how you write and your cat is adorable! :) I started following you, would be great if you could follow back!?
    hugs from Vienna dear
    eve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie: Aw thank you so much!! Definitely check them out if you get the chance :)

    Megan: Thanks so much!! Maybe try an online order? I do that with e.l.f. sometimes and they do a great job with shipping and whatnot, plus they almost always have some sort of a special deal going on :)

    Anna: Aw, that's too bad I'm sorry to hear that (I had no idea!!)... maybe one of these days they'll expand to Australia so you can have a hay day with them!!

    Eve: Oh my gosh... this is one of the sweetest comments I've ever received, thank you SO SO much!! I'm so glad you enjoy and I will definitely go check you out. Thank you again :)

    Brooklyn Grace: Thanks dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really come out great!!
    Must try these
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that last picture of you. You are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elf single eye shadows are great! Cheap and pigmented.

    You look so pretty in your last photo :-)

    Monica
    http://www.pear-shaped-gal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shradha: Thank you, definitely give them a try!!

    Rachel: No problem, I hope you give them a go!

    Mary Margaret: Aw, thank you SO SO much!! Very sweet of you >3<

    Monica: Yay, glad you're a fellow fan!! They really are great :) And thank you so much! You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty!

    Check out my giveaway if you'd like. :)
    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried elf eyeshadows but their brow kit is amazing!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love elf cosmetics! They are all so nice and so affordable!

    http://sisasaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried elf shadows but I recently placed a huge order of blushes & lipgloss! haha Black friday sales were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sophie: Thank you!

    Eloise: I've been wanting to try their brow kit for awhile now... it's definitely on my "to-buy list" once my current kit runs out!! :)

    Isabel: Yay, I'm glad to hear you're a fellow e.l.f. lover :)

    Thania: Aw, rats I didn't know they were having a black Friday sale online!! Maybe next year; I hope your haul turns out to be fabulous (I'm sure it will be)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Over never used Elf makeup. I'm going to have to give it a try.
    I love your honest approach to blogging. You seem so real! I appreciate that! If it sucks you just say it, no need for all the fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzi: You definitely should give e.l.f. a try (at least some of their products... I'd definitely do a little research before a blind buy, but then again you'd only be losing $1-3)!! They have some great, affordable products available :) And I'm so happy that my blogging doesn't put you off haha! I wasn't sure when I started if leaving out the fluff would make people unhappy but it really is just me staying true to myself... so thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...