Monday, September 24, 2012

9/24 OOTD


Alright everybody, brace yourself for one of the most boring OOTD's ever... well, it'll be boring if you're a fan of my babble anyways. Today has pooped me out to a point I didn't know a day of classes could poop me (is that the proper terminology? I'm probably going to regret typing that sentence in the morning... good thing I lost every ounce of shame I had after two years of organic chemistry).

Take the jump (if you can muster; I sure can't so bless your soul if you are capable) below if you want to see the details of my outfit!






 Geometric Necklace - Ebay
Slouchy Blouse - H&M (sale)
White Skinny Jeans - Urban Outfitters (six years ago now?)
Knee High Lace Up Boots - Gift (they're Steve Madden, if you're interested)
Lips - Maybelline "Bit of Berry"

Today was just one of those days where nothing fit right, nothing looked good, and I just overall had nothing to wear (which is one of the biggest jokes ever... if you've seen my closet you know why and would be throwing poo at me for even uttering such nonsense). It's these days where I just throw my hair up in a bun, put on a bold necklace and lipstick, then pick out the comfiest blouse in reach; voila! My secret recipe for looking good even if you don't feel it :)

I did feel a little strange not wearing anything thrifted again today though... so just like last time (here's the post, in case you missed it!) I threw on a big comfy grandpa cardigan that I thrifted to make myself feel like less of a fraud. On the bright side, everything I was wearing was SUPER cheap (at least for me... not for the buyer of the boots though haha); the necklace was only $3-4, the blouse was on sale at H&M for $5, the pants I've had for about six years so I know I've gotten every penny out of them, and like said the boots were free for me! 
Goes to show you can be thrifty even without being an actual thrift store shopper!

Anyways, I've contradicted myself on being non-babbly enough for one post so I'm going to get some needed shut eye; Galileo jumped on my face this morning around 5am, which, needless to say, scared the living s*** out of me to the point where I couldn't get back to sleep after that. 
Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again! Ever!!

What do you wear on days where you feel like you have nothing to wear or nothing looks good on you?
Do you have a go-to outfit, a sort of "equation" like me, or do you just give up and go out in your jim-jams?

xoxo - Cassie



2 comments:

  1. This is such lovely outfit <3 You look cute! <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! I read and appreciate each one :)
However, please refrain from leaving "follow for follow" comments, contest links, etc. as I will delete them. If you want me to check out your blog though just leave a link and I'd be happy to take a look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...